Offset Rubber Blankets – Data-2
Some useful data on Rubber Blankets for Offset Printing. No single source of information is available on the availability and varieties of Rubber Blankets used on Offset Printing Presses. Therefore I have compiled the data to the best extent possible so that it will benefit of Students and others in Printing appearing in interviews and exams.
PHOENIX XTRA BLANKETS, Gmbh
( A group under ContiTech Elastomer-Beschichtungen GmbH )
In the mid-nineteenth century in Harburg near Hamburg, the Cohen brothers founded the firm of Phoenix. Initially Phoenix produced rubber shoes, but later established itself with tyres in the automobile industry. Its know-how in the rubber products industry led Phoenix to begin producing printing blankets, and there was soon great demand for its products from the world’s printing industry.
Since 2005, Phoenix Xtra Blankets has been part of ContiTech Elastomer Coatings, one of the world’s biggest manufacturers of printing blankets worldwide.
Some varieties of Rubber Blankets manufactured by Phoenix include the following:
1) Sapphire CARAT – Sapphire Blue /1.70 mm thickness /78° shore hardness / for high quality halftone printing and solid print
2) Tourmaline CARAT – Tourmaline Green/1.70 mm thickness /77° shore hardness / for excellent paper release and sheet fed Offset
3) Topaz CARAT – Topaz Blue /1.96 mm thickness /80° shore hardness / swell resistant sheet fed presses
4) Aquamarine CARAT – Aquamarine Blue /1.96 mm thickness /76° shore hardness / for packaging and Metal printing
5) Ruby CARAT – Ruby Red /1.70 mm thickness /78° shore hardness / for UV Offset printing
6) Red Crayon – Red Crayon Red /1.96 mm thickness /78° shore hardness / for UV and water based inks
7) Master Print – Master Print Green /1.96 mm thickness /78° shore hardness / for UV and water based inks
8) Tanzanite – Tanzanite Blue /1.96 mm thickness /80° shore hardness / for large format packaging printing
9) Solaris UV – Tanzanite Blue /1.96 mm thickness /80° shore hardness / for packaging printing with UV inks
10) Grand Crayon – Grand Crayon Blue /1.96 mm thickness /78° shore hardness / for UV and water based inks
The Harburg borough of Hamburg
FUJIKURA COMPOSITES EUROPE B. V , The Netherlands
By clicking ‘info id’ below you can reach them :
Fujikura Ujikura Composites Europe B. V.
Binderij 7R, 1185ZH Amstelveen The Netherlands
Tel : +31 (6) 5516 3225
KINYO VIRGINIA INC, U.S.A
Some varieties of Blankets supplied by them include the following:
1) S 7400 -Medium hard, Blue Colour for high Quality sheet fed presses
2) S 7690- Blue in Colour for sheet fed presses
3) S 3411 -Medium Blue in Colour for sheet fed presses
4) S 7620 -Red in Colour for Heat set and Cold set web presses
5) S 742 -Sky Blue in Colour for Heat set and Cold set web presses
6) MC 40 -Blue in Colour for Heat set and Cold set web presses
7) S 7660 – Blue in Colour for Heat set and Cold set web presses
8) NP02 -Teal in Colour for News Paper presses
9) NP03 -Dark Blue in Colour for News Paper presses
10) MC1200 -Violet in Colour for UV ink applications
By clicking ‘E mail’ below you can reach them :
Kinyo Virginia Inc.
290 Enterprise Drive
Newport News, VA 23603 U.S.A.
SUMITOMO RUBBER INDUSTRIES, JAPAN
Sumitomo Rubber Industries,